Composite Special Process Quality Engineer
Professional, Engineer & Manager
- • Maintain and work rigorously to company procedures
- • Prepare the qualification of internal special processes, suppliers of special processes and internal Operators
- • Conduct internal & supplier special process audits and manage corrective actions to ensure these are implemented within a timely manner
- • Work closely with suppliers where quality performance has deteriorated to identify root cause of issues, compile action plan and resolve problems.
- • Support & influence the internal UAP's (Units of Autonomous Production) and Group
- • Actively share key learning's and best practice with your colleagues across all sites & commodities
- • Work collaboratively with your stakeholders to meet their needs and foster a positive working environment by being action oriented in order to bring about solutions
- • Ensure all data, filing and records are kept up-to-date and comply with retention periods
- • Represent the team during functional meetings and Operational reviews
Experience of working in a special process environment within one of the primary commodites
Strong understanding of aerospace or automotive quality standards / regulations and Nadcap
Strong planning & organisational skills in order to manage a high volume & varied workload and the delivery of improvement projects
Excellent oral and written communication skills in English in order to produce clear, concise, timely reports & presentations
Show ability to be proactive and complete tasks autonomously where appropriate and be comfortable with this.
Strong team player capabilities and happy to work with a team effectively, knowing when to rely on them for support and when to use others skills appropriately
Engineering related HNC / HND / Degree
Experience of using key quality tools including problem solving techniques (PFMEA, SPC 8D, 6 Sigma)
Continuous improvement mind-set along with the confidence and personal credibility to challenge current process / policies in order to provide innovative ideas for the future
French language skills
Specificity of the job
Travel to other Company sites & suppliers will be required (suppliers are mainly UK but some are overseas)
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Nacelles is a world leader for aircraft nacelles and an active player in after-market services, with over 21,700 products in service, and over 140,000 daily flight hours. The company is active in all segments of the market, from regional jets and corporate aircraft to the largest airliners.
VIE - Quality Engineer Special ProcessPublished on 12/04/2019Burnley Lancashire Bb10 2tq, United Kingdom VIE Quality
Assemblies Manufacturing Engineer Team LeaderPublished on 12/02/2019Burnley Lancashire Bb10 2tq, United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Senior Stress Engineer MRBPublished on 09/23/2019Burnley Lancashire Bb10 2tq, United Kingdom Regular Full time Mechanics