Senior Stress Engineer MRB
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
To provide evidence of structural compliance with Customer and/or Technical specifications.
- • To define the applicable stress methodology on a case by case basis.
- • To produce stress substantiations using analytical methods.
- • To produce stress substantiations using numerical methods, setting up cost effective FE models and providing engineering judgements on the results.
- • To define physical product tests through liaison with the Test and Instrumentation Engineers and to produce the associated test plans.
- • To analyse the results obtained from physical testing to ensure that they support the results from structural analyses and to produce the associated test reports.
- • To provide structural analysis on design proposals and engineering change proposals, by comparing the strength of a structure to applied loads to ensure product integrity and airworthiness.
- • To propose methods and techniques to support structural optimisation.
- • To support the dispositioning of manufacturing non-conformances and the definition of repair solutions.
- • To comply with methods defined within Aircelle Technical Handbook.
- • To technically verify stress reports using BTG0036 procedure.
- • To provide structural substantiation for new design and modifications to existing designs.
- • To provide structural substantiation for in-service repairs.
- • To provide structural substantiation in support of Research and Technology initiatives.
- • To provide structural substantiation for manufacturing non-conformance solutions.
- • To comply with Aircelle procedure BTG0086.
- • To comply with Aircelle procedure BTG0026
Good knowledge of NASTRAN,NX and STREAME software ( linear and non-linear analysis)
Good knowledge of repair and concession substantiations
Excellent knowledge of performing hand calculations (using such tools as ESDU, Niu, Bruhn)
Excellent knowledge of preparing stress report, covering static fatigue and damage tolerance
Good general aircraft knowledge and experience of civil A/C Nacelle structures
Excellent knowledge of metallic and composite materials and structures
Good understanding of manufacturing processes and techniques
Excellent communication skills
Good time and priority management skills
Advanced Project Management skills
Intermediate Planning and Organisation skills-
Minimum HND qualification (or equivalent); or relevant experience
Or B Eng degree
French Language Skills-Preferable
Specificity of the job
Occasional travel to France and other SNA sites in UK
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Nacelles is a world leader for aircraft nacelles and an active player in after-market services, with over 21,700 products in service, and over 140,000 daily flight hours. The company is active in all segments of the market, from regional jets and corporate aircraft to the largest airliners.
Ingénieur équipements H/FPublished on 09/17/2019Gonfreville L'orcher, France Regular Full time Mechanics
Ingénieur Calcul expérimenté sur Programme en Développement H/FPublished on 09/16/2019Magny-les-hameaux , France Regular Full time Mechanics
Ingénieur calcul composites programmes en développement H/FPublished on 09/16/2019Gonfreville L'orcher, France Regular Full time Mechanics